Lausanne, Switzerland, July 9, 2017 - Canada and Croatia meet for the very first time in the history of the FIVB World Grand Prix Sunday in Neuquen, with both teams standing at 1-1 after the opening two days of the 2017 edition.Head-to-Head
• Canada and Croatia will meet for the first time at the World Grand Prix.
• Croatia won two of their previous three World Grand Prix matches against NORCECA sides, both against Cuba.Canada
• After a 3-0 win against Argentina, Canada lost in straight sets against Poland.
• Canada are hoping to equal their record number of wins of a single World Grand Prix campaign. They won two matches in 2014 and in 2015.
• Alexa Lea Gray is Canada's top scorer so far after two matches with 29 points in total.Croatia
• Croatia bounced back after a defeat in the opening round against Poland, by beating Argentina 3-2.
• That win marked their first win in five sets. They had lost their previous two deciders.
• Croatia have failed to win the opening set in both of their matches so far. Last year, they won the first set in each of their eight World Grand Prix matches.
• Bozana Butiga was Croatia's top scorer against Argentina. She scored 18 points of which five came from her serve and six from stuff blocks.