Lausanne, Switzerland, July 13, 2017 - Colombia look for revenge for last year's defeat to Croatia when the two sides meet Friday in Almaty in the second time they come head-to-head in FIVB World Grand Prix history. The South Americans look count on the momentum of breaking a four-match losing streak with their win over Puerto Rico on Sunday. But Croatia, who come from a defeat to Canada, have never lost back-to-back matches in the competition.Head-to-Head
• This will be the second World Grand Prix meeting between Colombia and Croatia.
• Croatia beat Colombia in straight sets in 2016.
• They have never met at any other major volleyball tournament.Colombia
• Colombia ended a four-match losing streak in the World Grand Prix with a 3-0 win against Puerto Rico in their last match.
• Colombia have yet to win their first five-setter in the World Grand Prix. They have claimed nine of their 11 wins without dropping a set.
• Colombia have lost their previous two World Grand Prix matches against European opposition.Croatia
• Croatia won one of their three matches in the opening weekend of the World Grand Prix, a 3-2 win against Argentina.
• That marked their first win in a decider in the competition.
• Their last match in the World Grand Prix was the 3-1 defeat against Canada. Croatia have not lost back-to-back matches in the competition since 2015.