Lausanne, Switzerland, July 22, 2017 - The Czech Republic and Germany meet for the very first time in FIVB World Grand Prix history Saturday in Richmond. However, the two sides have clashed before in other events, with their latest encounter ending in a 3-0 win for Germany at the 2015 European Championship. Both teams stand at 6-1 thus far in the 2017 World Grand Prix.Head-to-Head
• Czech Republic and Germany have never met before at the World Grand Prix.
• These teams last met in the group stage of the 2015 European Championship with Germany winning in straight sets.
• The last time these teams met in a major competition at world level was at the 2010 World Championship with Germany winning in straight sets.Czech Republic
• Czech Republic claimed their sixth victory in the 2017 World Grand Prix on Friday, beating Peru 3-1. They have so far suffered only one defeat this season, the 3-0 against Puerto Rico last weekend.
• Czech Republic’s record number of wins in a single World Grand Prix season is seven, set in 2014.
• Czech Republic’s leading scorer Michaela Mlejnkova registered 22 points against Peru on Friday, enough to become the top scorer in the match. Iva Nachmilnerova added 15, including five serve winners.Germany
• Germany beat Canada 3-0 on Friday to improve to six wins and one defeat in the 2017 World Grand Prix.
• Germany have now won six World Grand Prix matches in a row for the first time. Their previous record was five successive victories, set in 2012-2013.
• Germany have won 12 straight sets in the World Grand Prix: the last three of their 3-1 win over Kazakhstan, followed by 3-0 wins against Croatia, Colombia and Canada.