Lausanne, Switzerland, July 15, 2017 - Germany and Colombia meet for the very first time in an official competition when they come head-to-head Sunday in Almaty - and they're both on winning streaks in the 2017 FIVB World Grand Prix: Germany have won four in a row after losing their opener to Korea, while Colombia have won their last three matches since losing their first two to the Czech Republic and Peru.Head-to-Head
• Germany and Colombia will meet for the first time at a world level tournament.
• Germany have lost 12 of their last 14 World Grand Prix matches against South American opposition, including their last three. Their only wins in this streak came against Peru.Germany
• Germany opened their 2017 World Grand Prix campaign with a 3-1 defeat against Korea, but have won all four matches since.
• Germany could win five matches in a single World Grand Prix campaign for the first time since 2012 (6).
• Germany could equal their longest World Grand Prix winning streak – five from 2012 to 2013. They have never won five consecutive fixtures in the competition in a single year.
• Germany have won only two of their last 13 World Grand Prix five-setters.Colombia
• Colombia have won three consecutive World Grand Prix matches, after beginning their 2017 campaign with straight-set defeats against Czech Republic and Peru.
• Columbia could win four consecutive World Grand Prix matches for the second time, after 2015.
• Colombia have lost both of their previous World Grand Prix five-setters (in 2016 against Kazakhstan and Peru).