Lausanne, Switzerland, July 4, 2017 - Croatia and Poland clash for the very first time in the history of the FIVB World Grand Prix Friday in Neuquen - though Poland have beaten Crotia three times in four matches at the European Championships.Head-to-Head
• Croatia and Poland will meet for the first time at the World Grand Prix.
• These teams have met four times at the European championships. Croatia won their first meeting, 3-0 in 1999, but lost their last three: 3-0 in 2001, 3-1 in 2005 and 3-0 in 2009.
• Croatia are hoping to win their first World Grand Prix match against a fellow CEV team.Croatia
• Croatia will participate for the fourth time in the World Grand Prix, after 2014, 2015 and 2016. They have never finished higher than a 20th place (2015).
• Croatia have won seven of their last eight World Grand Prix matches, only losing to Peru (3-1). Of their first 14 matches in the competition they won only five.
• Croatia have lost both of their two previous five-setters in the competition, against Czech Republic in 2014 and against Bulgaria in 2015.Poland
• Poland have been present in the World Grand Prix ever since making their debut in 2004.
• Their best result in the competition is a sixth place in 2007 and 2010.
• Poland are hoping to win their opening match for the fourth campaign in a row, after beating Belgium (3-1) in 2014, Bulgaria (3-0) in 2015 and Canada (3-1) in 2016.