Lausanne, Switzerland, July 8, 2017 - France and Algeria meet for the very first time in the history of the FIVB World Grand Prix, as the European side are making their debut in the competition this season. But the African side have never beaten any European opposition in the history of the event.Head-to-Head
• These teams will meet for the first time at the World Grand Prix as France are making their debut in the competition.
• Algeria are hoping to record their first victory against a European side. They once came close to a win, in their 3-2 defeat to Bulgaria in 2014.France
• On Friday, France celebrated their World Grand Prix debut with a 3-2 victory over Venezuela.
• France rallied from a set behind twice in that match and then won the fifth set by 15-10.
• Alexandra Dascalu (23) and Juliette Fidon (17) combined for 40 of France's points against Venezuela.Algeria
• Algeria started their 2017 World Grand Prix season with a 3-0 defeat against debutants Cameroon on Friday.
• Algeria have now lost each of their last nine matches in the World Grand Prix following a 3-2 victory over Australia on 3 July 2015.
• Algeria have lost each of their last seven World Grand Prix matches in straight sets.