Lausanne, Switzerland, July 9, 2017 - Algeria and Venezuela come head-to-head for the very first time in any official competition Sunday in Yaounde. Algeria, who have never beaten a South American side, are now on a 10-match losing streak, after going down on Saturday to France. Venezuela are 1-1, after rebounding from an opening day defeat to France with a sweep of Cameroon.Head-to-Head
• Algeria and Venezuela will meet for the first time at a major tournament.
• Algeria failed to win their previous two World Grand Prix matches against South American sides, two straight set defeats against Peru in last year's edition.Algeria
• Algeria suffered a 3-0 defeat against France in their second match of the 2017 World Grand Prix.
• Algeria have now lost each of their last 10 matches in the competition following a 3-2 victory over Australia on 3 July 2015.
• Algeria have lost each of their last eight World Grand Prix matches in straight sets.
• Yasmine Abderrahim is Algeria's top scorer this campaign with 12 points.Venezuela
• Venezuela lost their first ever World Grand Prix match against France on Friday (3-2), but came back to claim a straight-set victory over Cameroon on Saturday.
• They have won the first set in both of their World Grand Prix matches.
Venezuela's last six victories in all competitions have come by a 3-0 scoreline (South American Championship, OG qualification, World Grand Prix).