Lausanne, Switzerland, July 13, 2017 - Australia are poised for their second ever FIVB World Grand Prix win Friday in Port of Spain where they are hosted by Trinidad & Tobago. The Volleyroos registered their first ever win in the competition, since their debut in 2014, last week when they beat debutants Trinidad & Tobago in straight sets. Pool hosts Trinidan & Tobago still seek their first win in the competition after three defeats in the opening week.Head-to-Head
• Last week, Trinidad & Tobago and Australia met for the first time at a major tournament.
• Australia claimed their first-ever win in the World Grand Prix with a straight set win against Trinidad & Tobago.
• Rachel Rourke scored 25 points for Australia in that match, at least 11 more than any of her teammates.Trinidad & Tobago
• On their debut, Trinidad & Tobago failed to claim a win in the first weekend of the World Grand Prix.
• Trinidad & Tobago could join United States, Mexico and Cuba as the NORCECA teams to win at least once in their first four matches in the World Grand Prix.Australia
• Australia won their first-ever match in the World Grand Prix by beating Trinidad & Tobago last Sunday.
• Australia have won at least one set in their last four matches in the World Grand Prix, their longest such streak in the competition.
• Australia have won the opening set in three of their last four World Grand Prix matches. In their first 19 matches in the competition they only managed to do so once.