Lausanne, Switzerland, July 16, 2017 - Undefeated France meet Australia Sunday in Port of Spain for the very first time in FIVB World Grand Prix history. Last time France played any Asian side in an official competition was at the 1952 FIVB World Championships when they beat India 3-0. Australia, meanwhile, are winless in 12 matches against European teams.Head-to-Head
• France and Australia will meet for the first time in a world level tournament.
• This will be France's first world level meeting with an AVC team since the 1952 world championships where they beat India 3-0.
• Australia are winless in their previous 12 meetings with CEV opposition at world level.France
• France have won all five matches at the World Grand Prix. They are together with Hungary first team ever in the World Grand Prix to win their first five matches since their debut.
• Three of those five victories came in straight sets, including the first two matches this weekend, against Cameroon and Trinidad & Tobago.
• Alexandra Dascalu (16) and Juliette Fidon (15) led their team in scoring on Saturday.Australia
• Australia have won one and lost four World Grand Prix matches in 2017.
• Australia have won at least one set in each of their last six World Grand Prix matches. This is their longest ever streak in the competition.
• On Saturday against Cameroon (3-1 Cameroon win), Rachel Rourke led her team in scoring with 18 points and became the first Group 3 player to reach 100 for the tournament.