Lausanne, Switzerland, July 9, 2017 - Cameroon host France Sunday in Yaounde as they meet for the very first time, in yet another FIVB World Grand Prix debutants showdowon. Cameroon have yet to win a set against European opposition in any major competition. The hosts are 1-1 this season after an opening day win in the Africa derby over Algeria follwed by a straight-set defeat to Venezuela. France on the other hand, have premiered in the World Grand Prix in style, with straight-set wins over both Venezuela and Algeria.Head-to-Head
• Cameroon and France will meet for the first time in the World Grand Prix.
• Cameroon lost their previous five meetings with European sides at major tournaments without claiming a set.
• France will meet African opposition for the second time at a major tournament after yesterday's match against Algeria.Cameroon
• Cameroon have won one match (3-0 Algeria) and lost one match (3-0 Venezuela) on their World Grand Prix debut.
• Cameroon can become the second African team to win two of their first three matches on their World Grand Prix debut. Kenya achieved this in 2014.
• Cameroon can join Kenya (9) and Algeria (2) on multiple wins in the World Grand Prix, the only other two African countries to have participated in the competition.France
• On their World Grand Prix debut, France have won both of their matches so far, 3-2 against Venezuela and 3-0 against Algeria.
• France can become the second team to win each of its first ever three World Grand Prix matches, after Korea in 1993. Japan (1993) is the only other team to have won each of its first two on their debut.
• Alexandra Dascalu was France's top scorer against Venezuela (23) and Algeria (14).