Lausanne, Switzerland, July 13, 2017 - The Netherlands take on neighbouring rivals Belgium Friday in Kaliningrad, looking to rebound after coming within one set of finishing the opening week undefeated before falling to Japan in five sets from 2-0 up last Sunday. Belgium, on the other hand, still seek their first win of the season after suffering three defeats last weekend.Head-to-Head
• Netherlands have won five of their six encounters with Belgium at world level.
• Their last encounter was played out in the World Grand Prix last season. The Dutch won by 3-1.
• Belgium's only major victory over Netherlands took place in the 2014 World Grand Prix. The Belgians won the Group 2 final in five sets to earn promotion to the top tier.Netherlands
• Netherlands won the first eight sets of their 2017 World Grand Prix season, but then dropped three on the trot against Japan, leaving them with two victories and one defeat from their opening weekend.
• Netherlands have won seven of their last eight world level encounters with European opposition, including each of their last five.
• Holland's last eight World Grand Prix matches have been decided either in three sets or five sets.Belgium
• Belgium started their 2017 World Grand Prix campaign with three straight defeats, against Brazil, Turkey and Serbia.
• Belgium have lost 11 of their last 12 World Grand Prix matches, their only victory in that run coming against Turkey last year.
• Last season, Belgium started their World Grand Prix season by losing their first six matches.