Lausanne, Switzerland, July 13, 2017 - Russia look to break a five-match losing streak Friday when they host the Dominican Republic in Kaliningrad. This includes the reigning European champions' three five-set defeats on the opening weekend. Russia have never lost to the Caribbean side the 12 times they've come head-to-head in any official competition.Head-to-Head
• Russia have won all of their 12 meetings at world level with Dominican Republic.
• Their last major encounter took place at the 2015 World Cup. Russia triumphed in straight sets.
• They last faced off in the World Grand Prix in 2015, when Russia also won in straight sets.Russia
• Russia have started their 2017 World Grand Prix this season with three defeats, against United States, China and Italy.
• Russia have now lost their last five World Grand Prix matches, their longest losing run in the competition.
• Their last four defeats in the World Grand Prix were matches that took a fifth set to decide.Dominican Republic
• Dominican Republic rebounded from a season opening defeat against Netherlands with victories against Japan and Thailand.
• Dominican Republic have won nine of their last 10 World Grand Prix matches.
• Against Thailand, Dominican Republic were paced by Annerys Vargas and Brayelin Martinez, who contributed 21 points each.