Lausanne, Switzerland, July 13, 2017 - USA take on Turkey Friday in Macau with the Americans in a bid to score their fourth win in as many matches in this year's FIVB World Grand Prix. Coming into the second week of the competition the reigning world champions are on of only two undefeated teams in Group 1 (the other being Rio 2016 Olympic silver medallists Serbia). USA have beaten Turkey nine time in their eleven encounters in official competitions - includinng the last four.Head-to-Head
• United States have won nine of their 11 encounters with Turkey at world level. This includes each of their last four.
• Turkey achieved their last major victory over Team USA at the 2014 World Grand Prix.
• They also met at the World Grand Prix last season. United States won 3-0 in front of a home crowd in Long Beach.United States
• United States won all of their three matches on opening weekend, 3-2 against Russia before reeling off straight sets wins against Italy and China.
• United States have won 12 of their last 13 matches at the World Grand Prix, their only defeat in this sequence being last season's gold medal match against Brazil.
• This is the first time since 2015 that United States start a World Grand Prix campaign with three victories. In that year, they won each of their first eight.Turkey
• In their opening weekend, Turkey suffered defeat against Serbia and Brazil and triumphed over Belgium.
• Turkey have lost six of their last seven at the World Grand Prix.
• For the first time since their meeting in Long Beach against the US last season, Turkey will play a World Grand Prix match outside of Turkey.